Happy New Year... I Think

This new month of this new year hasn't exactly started off with a bang. I say that for a number of reasons...

Number ONE. We didn't ring in the New Year with noisy celebrations, fireworks or even decorations. We simply went out for a nice, quiet dinner with my sister and her husband.

It was lovely!

We sent our house full of children over to their energetic, party-going Aunt Kelli and Uncle Will's house, where they were delighted to party the night away.

We preferred a quieter evening at home. In bed. Sleeping.

Pretty humdrum, right?

But it really was nice.

Number TWO. No New Year's resolution here.

My New Year's resolution is usually not to make one.

Let me explain...

The New Year seems to inspire reinvention, but I've never been one to wait around until January to begin. If I think of something I want to change today, I usually begin today.

I've never been much of a procrastinator.

Number THREE. Flu season is in full swing around our home.

I got so sick I ended up in the E.R., dehydrated and feeling as if every ounce of life and wellness I had once known had literally been sucked right out of me.

Influenza A.

Apparently, I'm a wimp!

Just two short days after my E.R. experience, I landed in urgent care with fever blisters spreading across my upper lip, face, nostril and ear.

It was quite the sight.

Let's just say everyone I encountered suddenly developed a very close relationship with their hand sanitizer.

No offense taken. I would have done the same thing.

I'll spare you the visual.

Number FOUR. Mr. B.T.C.'s annual snowboarding/snowmobiling trip ended abruptly after he shredded the cartilage in his left knee.

He ended up in the hospital having surgery.

Between the two of us, we managed to meet our annual deductible before January was even over.

There's an accomplishment.

Number FIVE. I found a scorpion in my house.

Not good.

I'm choosing to believe it wasn't actually living in my house. I'm quite certain it crawled right out of that painter's "stuff" while he was here doing some painting and repairs.

Yes.

That has to be it.

And by the way, why the heck are scorpions still out and about during the winter?!?

So no, this New Year hasn't exactly caused me to jump up and dance.

Better luck next month, eh?

I may be a little late posting this, but still...

Happy New Year!


Comments

Carroll Family said…
Sheesh! Hope you can stay out of the ER the rest of the year!!!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP