Questionnaire for Britley




















"Don't worry that children never listen to you; worry that they are always watching you."
— Robert Fulghum

Every year I love asking the kids these questions. Their answers are honest, unfiltered, and absolutely priceless. Britley did not disappoint!

1. What is something Mom always says to you?
"Clean up!"

2. What makes Mom happy?
"When I give her a kiss."

3. What makes Mom sad?
"When someone dies."

4. How does Mom make you laugh?
"She tickles me."

5. What was Mom like as a child?
"What? That's hard!"

6. How old is Mom?
"82."
(I'm still laughing.) Then she looked at me and asked, "Are you really 82?"

7. How tall is Mom?
"83 feet."

8. What is Mom's favorite thing to do?
"Play with me."

9. What does Mom do when you're not around?
"Clean up."

10. If Mom became famous, what would it be for?
"Being a friend."

11. What is Mom really good at?
"Folding."

12. What is Mom not very good at?
"Painting."

13. What does Mom do for her job?
"Clean."

14. What is Mom's favorite food?
"Uhh… spaghetti."

15. What makes you proud of Mom?
"Folding my stuff."

16. If Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
"A princess."

17. What do you and Mom do together?
"Play the matching game."

18. How are you and Mom the same?
"Oh! We're wearing the same heart shirt."

19. How are you and Mom different?
"We're not wearing the same thing."

20. How do you know Mom loves you?
"She gives me a kiss before I go to school."

21. What does Mom like most about Dad?
"I have to think… Are we almost at the end?"
(I repeated the question.)
"Oh… going to sleep with him."
Honestly… that's a pretty good answer.

22. Where is Mom's favorite place to go?
"Target."

After reading her answers, I'm beginning to think I clean way too much! Apparently, that's what I'll be remembered for. 😂

These little interviews remind me that children aren't just listening, they're paying attention. They notice the things we repeat, the habits we keep, and the little ways we love them every day.

"It's not only children who grow. Parents do too. As much as we watch to see what our children do with their lives, they are watching us to see what we do with ours. I can't tell my children to reach for the sun. All I can do is reach for it, myself."
— Joyce Maynard

Comments

Mikayla said…
That was a good READ! Loved it
kelli said…
Hey Lor, I don't know why mikayla's name came up. Leah must have been logged in under her or something, but anyway I loved reading this!
candice said…
That was so cute! I would have to agree with Brit...you could be famous for being a good friend!

Soooo, you clean a lot. That's a good thing right??
dustin and amy said…
I just might have to do an interview with little Brody! It would be fun to see me through his eyes! Brit is so cute!

Popular posts from this blog

JUST ME AND THE GIRLS

CALI TRIP